Prof. Dr. Georgios Theodoridis
Georgios Theodoridis is a professor at the University of Thessaloniki, Greece but has also worked at IASMA, FEM, S.Michele all’Adige (Trento, Italy), DMPK, AstraZeneca (UK), RIKILT/DLO (Wageningen) and at Leiden University (The Netherlands).
Main research activities and interests:
- Metabonomic/Metabolomic Analysis for Biomarker Discovery.
- Bioanalysis and Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS, GC-MS) for the determination of biomolecules and pharmaceuticals in samples of clinical or forensic origin
- FoodOmics, focus on the correlation of the metabolic content with control of authenticity and traceability
Professor Theodoridis has supervised more than 70 undergraduate student theses, more than 45 MSc studies, more than 15 PhD studies and more than 6 post-doctorate research studies realised in the field of bioanalysis and metabolomics. In addition, he has had more than 26 research projects funded by various sources.
His organisation experience includes:
- Establishment and coordination of the BIOMIC, an interdisciplinary bioanalysis and Omics laboratory based in KEDEK new facility of AUTh http://kedek.auth.gr/?q=el/node/1070.
- Establishment and coordination of the Bioanalysis Network AUTh, an interdisciplinary effort involving ca 16 academicians from six departments: http://bioanalysis.web.auth.gr/
- Establishment of the first series of metabolomics meetings in Greece and organisation of four
He has more than 160 Publications in peer-reviewed Journals and more than 7700 and more than 24 book chapters in Scientific Books.